February 11, 2010

Not a Dry Eye in the House....

...or so we thought.

Cooper's vet trip today was a very costly one, as they tend to be when going for something other than the usual checkup.

Apparently he has dry eye; that is what the vet has on the top of her list. The dry eye issue has created an infection in both eyes and now we have an antibiotic cream that we squeeze into his eyes twice a day.

At least he doesn't seem to have an issue with that.

I have to call again by Monday with an update and then take him in for another tear test a little later than that. There is a tiny chance that he simply has an allergic reaction going on, but she doesn't seem to think so.

If the second tear tests come back on the low side we'll have to give him a medication for the rest of his life...which I am really hoping is not a cream in the eye type medication, but I have my doubts.

Other than that, the day was very full but normal I suppose.

I am tired.

No comments: