December 15, 2008

Baking

Today I did something that I really never do: bake. I know how to bake, and I am usually successful at it, but I rarely attempt it simply because my husband? He doesn't eat anything that I bake. Unless it is completely healthy for us...as in no butter, sugar, and the like. Never. Ever. It is ridiculous.

The first item I made was a batch of cookies. Here are the ingredients:


Here we have salt, sugar (brown and white), flour, baking soda, vanilla, oatmeal, dried cranberries, chopped almonds and white chocolate chips.


The recipe also calls for some butter and an egg. These two combine with the vanilla and are beaten until fluffy.


Then the dry ingredients are added and mixed all together to make the dough.


Plop the dough on a cookie sheet...

...and 12 minutes in a (my) 350 degree oven later, you have some delicious cookies.


The next item on the agenda was pumpkin bread muffins.


This recipe called for flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, pumpkin, salt, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. It also needed some oil, but I replaced that one with apple sauce.


The pumpkin, sugar and three eggs are combined...


...and mixed up to look like this.


Here are the muffins cooling. It took fifty minutes to cook these. Yes, it did. They are moist and yummy. The only downside is that they stick to the paper...won't be using that next time.

Anyway, that's my baking for the year; I highly doubt I'll be making anything else for fear that I'll have to eat it all!

1 comment:

BU said...

Yum! Save some for me!