May 14, 2008

Noticias, Baby Version 80%2

We are alive! I am sure you've been wondering. We've just been a little busy what with moving from overseas, establishing our lives here and preparing for the baby's arrival.

We now have a house, two vehicles, and most of the furniture we need for the house. We are still waiting for some painting to occur and two rooms of furniture to arrive...oh yeah, and then there's the baby.

I am writing today because I have some news about the imminent arrival. At my doctor's appointment today I found out that I am already 2 centimeters dilated and 80% effaced. For those of you who have not ever had a baby or been involved in the process at all, women have their children when they are 10 centimeters and 100%. So. I am on my way and have only felt a wee bit o' fake contractions Sunday night.

I informed the doctor that my Mom had her children in about 4 hours and didn't know she was in labor - with my brother her water broke at home before she realized she was in labor and then with me she only went to the hospital because she realized that she was feeling just like she had with my brother. Those contractions that peak and fall away and last a certain amount of time, etc.? None of that, really. Not that there wasn't pain, but just not the kind that makes you count them or anything like that.

My doctor's reaction? "Ohhhhhh...."

I wanted to know when I should come to the hospital...or if I would even know at all that I should leave the house...

Since we think I'll be like my Mom, and especially with today's stats on the check, she thinks a more planned delivery date would be better than the very real possibility of having the baby at home or in a car.

What does this all mean?

Well, at this point, I have an appointment next Tuesday, and if I am still progressing, then she is planning to schedule me for a delivery on Tuesday, May 27th. That is about 12 days early. I assume that if I haven't moved along at all then she might change her mind about the date...and if I am even further along than she thinks I will be next week then I guess she might schedule me for even earlier.

For now, May 27th is the new date to anticipate.

Good times, indeed!

4 comments:

Bobbie said...

SO excited! This is technically my third comment tonight with no success so will keep it short and sweet. SO excited!

BU said...

If it's a boy, Brian is a lovely name. If it's a girl, Brianna!

Brianne said...

Yay! You're back! Keep us posted. As you know, I'm in the baby realm too. I envy your progress, I had such a tough time. Hopefully things will be fast and easy for you!

MoreThanMommy said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! I can't believe it's already almost time! I'll be praying for you and thinking of you and your family lots!