September 12, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

Ike is on his way.

He is very large.

It appears as if we could get a direct hit.

By we, of course, I mean the Galveston/Houston area.

We, as in Rocket Man, Little Miss Itty Bitty and myself, are inland a bit.

No surge for us, though there may be flooding and wind damage...phooey on the pine trees.

At least in our neighborhood, people didn't choose to plant them; they were already here.

However this means they are older, larger and more dangerous in the current situation.

LMIB woke up to eat at 3:50, so now I am awake...

My camera is packed and I don't want to wake RM to get it out, so no photos for 12 of 12 yet.

We plan to leave (hopefully) in the next hour and head towards Horseshoe Bay, Texas.

I pray that we are not one amongst thousands.

We'll call family when we are safe somewhere, whether in the hotel or here at home.

I'll try to post again as well.

Dern hurricanes...

2 comments:

BU said...

Stay safe!

K.P. said...

Glad to hear you are heading out. Hope all is well when you return. Be careful!

KP