August 27, 2010
- I've been up since 6 am. I know. This does not seem like any sort of so-called un-Godly hour, but 'tis. Might not be so bad if my body would allow me to fall asleep any time before 2 am. Alas, this is my plight. Every night I 'go to bed' between 9 and 10:30 and then I do not sleep. For those of you who believe that this is the baby preparing me...let's just say that I am well aware of the coming torture that is a child who never sleeps (see: my first child) and so I could really do without the 'preparation'.
- I do not normally get up at 6. If I can help it, anyway. If I do it is usually because of, you guessed it, child number one. She is still asleep. Go figure. I had Rocket Man wake me, in the middle of some (finally) much needed shut-eye so that I could make doctor appointments with a couple of fine physicians in the states. One of the finer points of living half-way around the world.
- Also, yay for sentence fragments in lieu of the real thing.
- Yesterday: home-made (bread-maker) bread; home-made (and hand-made), from scratch (just in case you didn't get that part) biscuits. Declared yummy by all who ate them which is a good thing for my first time making them. Also, sliced, tenderized (Mama, you're hitting! Mama use a hammer. Mmmm, I LIKE beef, Mama.) divided and frozen beef for stir-fry. The same, minus the tenderizing, was done with veggies for same.
- Lately: 5 loaves of bread-maker bread, most frozen; chicken breasts cleaned, divided into single portions (12) and frozen; more than 100 meat-balls made, divided and frozen; two batches of beans soaked, slow-cooked and then (you guessed it) divided and frozen.
- I'm not done. I've got 1 or 2 more batches of beans to cook, 8 more servings of stir-fry meat and veggies to conquer, and then I'm going to attempt some pizzas. As in home-made crust/pizza, not the frozen ones from the store.
- We are not pizza snobs here at casa crazy-pants; please do not misunderstand. In fact, I went shopping this week and also purchased five boxes of piccolinos (small round pizzas, 9 per box) with prosciutto and cheese on them - they are one of our favorites.
- Surely this will help Rocket Man with the 12 weeks, count 'em, that Miss Thing and I (and baby2) will be back in the states without him (longer than that, really, but he'll make an appearance or two).
- Assuming he doesn't eat it all in the first three weeks.
- Must. Exhibit. Restraint.